National Travel & Tourism Week
May 1-7 is National Travel & Tourism Week and we are celebrating in Gilbert.
Get involved! During the month of April—while the weather is still great—get out and show us what you love doing in Gilbert. Download our Tourism Passport at discovergilbert.com/passport. You can also pick it up and one of our 5 hotels. Take selfies of you and your friends doing fun stuff in Gilbert. Love to ride bikes to the Heritage District to eat? Show us. Love to hike or take pictures in Riparian Preserve at Water Ranch? Show us. Then, take your selfies and your Passport to one of our Gilbert hotels. They will reward you with a Think Gilbert bar glass and a beverage. Want more glasses? Visit each of our hotels and they’ll each give you a glass. It is a great way to see our beautiful hotels and get rewarded.
Since it is National Travel & Tourism Week, did you know…
- Arizona has 3,928 mountain peaks and summits—more mountains than any one of the other Mountain States (Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, New Mexico, Utah, and Wyoming).
- All New England, plus the state of Pennsylvania would fit inside Arizona.
- Arizona became the 48th state and last of the contiguous states on February 14, 1912.
View more fun and fascinating facts about Arizona!
Come out and see us at the Gilbert Farmer’s Market!
We know the Farmer’s Market is a great way to pick up everything from organic fruits, vegetables, sauces, etc. On Saturday, May 7th, Discover Gilbert will be there, too. Pick up some great swag! Free reusable shopping bags, a Gilbert map, or a Tourism Guide to have on hand when friends and family visit. Take a photo showing us what you love about Gilbert. You can even enter to win a great prize.
Prize Drawing at Gilbert Farmer’s Market, Saturday, May 7th from 7-11A
You can pick up an entry form at one of our five hotels in Gilbert or you can download it at discovergilbert.com/passport. We’ll even have them at the Farmer’s Market that same day.
You can win some great prizes donated by some great community members, including:
- $100 gift card from TransCity Limos towards a future reservation
- 2-night stay, plus a $15 food & beverage credit at the Gallery Menu & Market at the Hyatt Place
- Weekend stay with breakfast for 2 at the DoubleTree
- $150 gift package from Topgolf
- Plus, Much, Much More!